Mining on Top: Africa – London Summit
24th-26th June, London, UK
“Connecting nations, investors and industry leaders to drive economic and social development in Africa through mining”
24th-26th June 2015, Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel, London, UK
Mining On Top: Africa—London Summit has established itself as the key African mining event taking place in Europe. The conference and exhibition will convene in the heart of London, the financial capital of the world.
The Summit is an expertly organised event, coupling global mining expertise with knowledge of the continent. The industry’s key leaders—influential African government officials, senior mining executives, investors and service providers—will meet to share insights, network and create a greater understanding of the African mining industry to improve social and economic outcomes.
The 2014 edition included participation from the following organizations:
And, included official African government delegations from:
Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Lesotho, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia
Nigeria, Republic of Congo, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, South Sudan
Africa is destined to have a strategic role as a world mineral supplier. The resources are there in abundance, but political and economic instability, infrastructure, and local expertise all present challenges. At the Summit, you’ll gain insights to help mitigate these challenges and identify opportunities. The keys to moving the industry forward are investment, knowledge and partnership.
The Summit will feature an all-encompassing and diverse programme including:
- Pre-conference Mining Insights Seminar
- A two-day, focused conference agenda featuring top level speakers from African Governments and industry stakeholders
- Updates on latest contracts/projects for investment presented by prominent mining companies
- Presentations from finance organisations with sound African experience
- Participation from all key stake holders, developments partners, multilaterals, service providers, financial and educational institutions
- Country roundtables program featuring in-depth analysis from governments and operators
- A dedicated business-to-business meeting area
- A collocated trade exhibition and showcase
- A packed social calendar including cocktail receptions, gala dinners and a spouses programme
The event is presented by SNL Metals & Mining and AME Trade Ltd. SNL Metals & Mining is the most trusted source of global mining information and analysis with more than 30 years of providing global insights and intelligence. AME Trade Ltd is the most prolific organiser of mining events in Africa, and possesses a network of representatives spread across the continent. Together, we make Mining On Top: Africa a valuable combination of global mining expertise and local knowledge.